Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Arcade Cabinet Project - Day 3 and Day 4

It's funny how the little things take such a long time, plus after nearly killing myself I decided to have a break from it all!

Before I got down to sanding and priming, had to make the speaker shelf and sort the light out for the marquee.

With the speakers, I cut a circle in the shelf, where the main speaker would be if I placed it on the shelf. I will eventually cover the hole up with a grill. I made a "barricade" around where the speaker would sit to stop it from moving around, and attached a back supporting shelf to stop them falling back.

Next up the light, simply fluroescent tube light with a cover on to help diffuse the light a little. Few little other bits and bobs, like door handle at front and front plank under joystick.



























Now I was ready to go and buy my acrylic, now that I had exact measurements. I got my local store to cut for me, as I was not confident I would be able to cut the acrylic without screwing it up.

I realised I had better stop staring and admiring it, and get down to sanding it down and at least getting some undercoat on it.

And thats what I did, and I even managed to get my first coat of glossy black paint on there too. Main aim was just to cover the undercoat. Hopefully over the weekend, will sand it down again lightly, and put on a second coat. Most definitely will require a third coat, as my painting is rubbish!!

Nearly there folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment