Sunday, July 12, 2009

Arcade Cabinet Project - Day 2


After the buzz of seeing a half erected cabinet, I got up early and headed straight out to start working on it....at this juncture I should state I took a week off work to build this thing, so for the first time it was a pleasure getting up early! Main aim for today was to get the rear doors done, the top ledger, the front door, and the keyboard drawer.

I decided to split the rear door into two. Main reason was that I wasnt confident that one big door at the back was going to look okay largely due to that I wasn't all that confident in the straightness of the whole thing. So it gave me leeway. Used flush hinges to attach them, and some brass cabinet hooks to secure them.

Found some scrap drawer railings in the garage from my old fitted cabinets from my room which proved useful in fitting the drawer. I must say I was impressed with the drawer, I swear I must've pulled the drawer back and forth,
oh i don't know a million times, and still never got bored of it.....


Added a support beam to the control panel, and attached the casters for the second time. I picked up the wrong ones, i.e. casters that did not swivel. Muppetry. Then to finish off the day, the font door, using a magnet lock to secure it, the top roof legder and some photo opps, before taking measurements for the perspex sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment